While it’s best to get your turkey from a local farmer who can tell you exactly what the Turkey has been fed, sometimes that just isn’t feasible. Here are some brands that tout Gluten Free Turkeys:
Jennie -O, Norbest & Perdue
Gluten free stuffing can be easily made with GF bread. Here is a classic GF and dairy free recipe
Gluten and Dairy Free Stuffing Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter or gluten-free, dairy-free margarine or oil
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 5 cups dry gluten-free, dairy-free bread cubes (purchased or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, minced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1.5 cups gluten-free, dairy-free chicken, turkey or vegetable broth
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large pan, heat butter (or margarine or oil). Add celery, onion and leeks and sauté over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool.
In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients, except broth.
Add cooled vegetables. Gently mix in broth.
Loosely spoon the stuffing into an oiled 3-quart baking dish. Do not pack.
Cover and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Uncovered, bake for 20 minutes.
A gluten free apple pie is easy with a premade GF crust. The brands Geffen, Glutino, Mi-Del and King Arthur Flour are GF.
GF Apple Pie Recipe
- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced into ¼-inch pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons gluten-free flour blend of choice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or dairy-free alternative, melted
- 2 gluten-free pie crusts, one partially baked
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Place apples into a large mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine gluten free flour mix, cinnamon and sugar, mixing until it’s a uniform color. Sprinkle mixture over the apples and combine gently until apples are evenly coated.
Mound apples into partially baked gluten free bottom crust. Drizzle butter over the fruit.
Top filling with second gluten free pie crust and crimp edges to seal.
Brush top crust with egg wash. Or brush with high-protein milk of choice and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake gluten fee pie in preheated oven for one hour or until fruit is tender and crust is golden brown. If pie needs to bake longer, cover it lightly with foil to prevent over-browning.